Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics, Labor Economics, Applied Econometrics.
- Fiscal Volatility Shocks and Economic Activity (forthcoming), with Jesús Fernández-Villaverde,
Pablo A. Guerrón-Quintana, and Juan Rubio-Ramírez. American Economic Review.
- Optimal Labor-Market Policy in Recessions (2015), with Philip Jung.
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 7(2): 124-56.
- Sovereign Risk and Macroeconomic Stability in the Euro Area (2014), Giancarlo Corsetti, André Meier, and Gernot Mueller,
Journal of Monetary Economics, 61(Jan), pp. 53-73.
- Sovereign Risk, Fiscal Policy, and Macroeconomic Stability (2013) , with Giancarlo Corsetti, André Meier, and Gernot Mueller,
Economic Journal, 123(566), pp. F99-F132.
- Floats, Pegs and the Transmission of Fiscal Policy (2013) , with Giancarlo Corsetti and Gernot Mueller,
in Luis Felipe Céspedes and Jordi Galí (eds) "Series on Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies, Volume 17: Fiscal Policy and Macroeconomic Performance," p. 235-281, , Santiago: Central Bank of Chile.
- The (Un)Importance of Unemployment Fluctuations for the Welfare Cost of Business Cycles (2011), with P. Jung.
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 35(10), p. 1744-1768.
- Real Price and Wage Rigidities with Matching Frictions (2010).
Journal of Monetary Economics, 57(4), p. 466-477.
- Debt Consolidation and Fiscal Stabilization of Deep Recessions (2010), with G. Corsetti, A. Meier and G. Mueller.
American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, 100(2), p. 41-45.
- Resuscitating the Wage Channel in Models with Unemployment Fluctuations (2008), with K. Christoffel.
Journal of Monetary Economics, 2008, 55(5), p. 865-887.
Optimal Monetary Policy Rules for the Euro Area (2005), with A. Dieppe and P. McAdam.
Journal of Common Market Studies, 2005, 43(3), p. 507 - 537.
Abstract, Published Version,
Working papers and work in progress
- Monetary Policy with Heterogeneous Agents (2012), with Nils Gornemann and Makoto Nakajima.
Philadelphia Fed Working Paper 12-21.
- Inflation Dynamics with Labour Market Matching: Assessing Alternative Specifications (2009), with Kai Christoffel, James Costain, Gregory de Walque, Tobias Linzert, Stephen Millard, and Olivier Pierrard,
Philadelphia Fed Working Paper 09-6.
- Winter term 2015/16: PhD Macro I, Geldtheorie und -politik (Bachelor)
- Previous terms: PhD Macro I, Monetary Economics (Master), Geldtheorie und -politik (Bachelor)